Sunday 18 July 2010

Arghhghgh

Think I may have asked the bread man for some wood rather than a drink. Dear God can it not have the same alternative meaning as it does in the uk.

Aside from todays literary feux-pas I've made more head wind on the veg patch and tidied up. The kitchen now looks like our kitchen with all the pots and pans hanging off the tiles. The sitting room is now ready for Y.U's first couple of days. I really hope she likes it here and doesn't attack Mme Rond's baby chickens or the ducks. After a very confused conversation with her yesterday she seemed to imply that Dominique's cat never went after them... then again Destiny is built like a over-stuffed sofa and I suspect the chickens could out-run her. I also hope she leaves the swallows and the toads (who in my mind are easily remembered in French, "Crapaud"... sums up how I feel about them... "Oh Crap a toad!") alone.

Anyway P and Lorna are only a couple of hours away.... yippeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment