Thursday 1 September 2011

Its Vendage Time again.

I cant believe where this year has gone, the vendage has arrived again (the earliest for 12 years or so) and the air is filled with the sound of harvest machines and tractors.

P and I went to the vendage meeting on our own, without translator, and came away feeling like we understood very little and we're both finding it quite frustrating. I feel like I'm back at school and "must try harder".

We've had a never ending stream of visitors which has been lovely but has also meant that we've been easily distracted and are not as far along with things as we should be! Again must try harder.

Having said that James helped/ showed P how to make one of the four lovely new barn doors...and he's going to have to come back as I cant lift it!

I'm also feeling pleased as we are edging ever closer to sorting out the ceiling beams in the gite. I've been to see the wood man who is going to give us a quote or two and has said that he'll come and have a look, with someone who might be able to collect our wood if we cut some of our trees down, and he cut them to shape for us. However he's not ultra reliable in that department so we'll wait and see!

I want the vendage finished, the new vines planted and the ones that are not looking too brilliant to not have anything terminal... those are my three wishes for the end of this year....!

Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment