Thursday 15 September 2011

Someone's been stealing my mushrooms

I don't even know why I care as I  detest the things, but I do.

We were told when we brought the place that we had Cep mushrooms in our woods, we were also told that the problem was that everyone knew we had them.

Yesterday when off for a walk J spotted people in our woods, when asked what they were doing they looked shifty but carried on helping themselves!

I went into the woods later and gathered a variety of different sorts and sauntered off to the pharmacy where Serge and his Big Book of Mushrooms reliably informed me they were all "pas bon, pas commestible." Excellent, someone else has run off with all our highly prized mushrooms which are currently  €7/ kilo in the market. That's rather dependent on my being able to find them mind you..

Maybe I'll let P have a shotgun after all....

No comments:

Post a Comment