Tuesday 20 December 2011

On exhaustion...

I am exhausted, I think piquets wrestling must be the single most tiring job on the vineyard. It's astonishing how quickly one runs out of steam when waggling a 6ft post in the mud.

I managed about 80% of the posts in the 18 rows out the front that we're pulling out and Pete came and did the rest (considerably faster!). Now only the end posts need doing and the 10 (massive) rows out the back.



The vines all  look a little sad without their supports and I do feel for them, they have, after all, been there for the best past of 70 odd years and then we come add replace them with a younger looking model. I'll be taking the strimmer to them at the end of the week, that's if I have any strength left in my arm muscles.


P has wrestled 2 of the 4 lovely new barn doors up with W's assistance this afternoon and is justifiably proud of them... he's gone to get some bolts to bolt them in place before they fall over.

Because the original sliding doors are still there, we do look like we are preparing for invasion of some sort.



Right, as A and S left us half a bottle of bubble bath, amongst other goodies, I'm off to have a bath before doing my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment