Wednesday 13 March 2013

An almost-week with J and T.

Our lovely friends J and T came to visit at the end of their 5 week tour round places like Morocco and Marrakech by camper van. They are some of my favourite visitors and I've had such a lovely time.

We did good productive things like sorting out a fallen tree and having a monster bonfire to burn up all the vine roots from the last lot of arraching.

We also did less productive, but fun, things like digging up some clay from our land (its mostly all clay!) and making some "pots" or in P's case a small head of a man. We then tried "firing" them in the huge fire we'd built to burn the roots. We also tried to glaze them with glass in said fire but that was much less successful. Somehow J also persuaded me to go for a swim in our own lake. Whilst not cold it was altogether too squashy underfoot but has made me consider more research into converting one of the lakes into a natural swimming pool.

We cooked over our fire again (this time indoors as it is currently a bit cold) but this time in the lovely tagine brought fresh from Tagire by J and T. It was delicious and so easy to do.  P and I are planning another one soon.

I love these sort of weeks and love J and T's enthusiasm for everything. I hope they come back soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment