Wednesday 1 February 2012

Piquets

It's astonishing how excited P gets by a truck. We had our piquets delivered today by some sort of wheeled vehicle with a grabby arm on the back. P was almost salivating to the point that the driver asked if he wanted to drive it.



Today has been a good day, French wise, I managed to take a phone call from the piquet people, talked to Laurent re ploughing the land and finally the lovely Jean-Luc came round in response to a text (I explained about predictive text when he said how good my text was and he then called me a cheat!). We are off to a trade fair for pruning tomorrow (we know how to have a good time) so I suspect my French is going to run up against a resounding brick wall!

It's been a bit nippy here at the moment and apparently it's going to get a lot worse...-8 on Friday, perfectly timed to co-incide with the power going off for "works".


No comments:

Post a Comment